Tuesday, December 25, 2007

What a Christmas!

I can't believe it's the morning after Christmas already. We had such a nice day together. This was one of the first years we watched the kids anticipate Santa coming. In years past there was concern expressed because we didn't have a chimney for Santa, but this year we actually set out cookies and milk for him. Miriam was a little upset that he didn't drink all of it until I told her that he probably just needed enough to rinse the cookies down. We had a good morning opening presents and getting ready for our meal. We had another couple and their newborn over for the day and enjoyed eating, playing and hanging out. Aaron had taped the Monday Night football game so the guys got to watch that, and I tried a new roll recipe. If anyone has a good roll recipe I would love to try it. I got a breadmaker for my Christmas gift so I'm excited to discover some new bread recipes too.
We officially have walked into the world of toys with little pieces. Miriam got her first set of Polly Pockets yesterday and I can't believe how small the clothes and things are, and Zach got some new Lego trucks and people and those pieces are all over the place too. Just time for some new organization to go into affect. The nice thing was when we were putting the kids down for bed Zach looked around his room and said he had so much stuff he should give some to some other kids. What a good thought!
Our church had a Christmas program this year at the Gellert Hotel in Budapest on December 22nd. It was a nice night to go into town and see the lights. The kids liked going into town, and it was nice to hear some beautiful Christmas music.
Please take a peek at our album at http://picasaweb.google.com/Langspics/December

1 comment:

Julie said...

Becky! I am so happy you blogged, even though I can call you, I like reading what is going on.... and guess what, I got a bread maker for Christmas too. So, we will have to share all recipes we find!!! Have a great day!