Wednesday, December 5, 2007

By the skin of his forehead




So, this is my first day "blogging" and how strange it feels to be posting things to whomever would like to read them, but I thought it would be appropriate to share a story of how my son got this huge bump on his head. As some know we live in a small town outside of Budapest in Hungary. Most days we are at home, but some days we walk to the school to get the van and run errands. Since Zach has learned to ride a bike he gets to ride his bike to the school while Miriam and I walk. Yesterday was one of the first days I have ever let him ride without a helmet, but I thought with his winter hat it wasn't a big deal. Needless to say we went down a long hill and he started coasting and got about 10-12 houses in front of me and lost his balance. He stopped the fall with his head. I don't think I have run so fast in my life with such a purpose. He stood up screaming holding his head/face, and I had no idea what to expect until I got up to him. Thank God He was watching over Zach and all that happened was this bump. He was more frustrated with me for continuing to ask him his name and how old he was. The nurse at the school cleaned him up and reminded me to keep an eye on him. What a morning! God was definitely watching over us.

Miriam continues to amaze us with her social tendencies. She participates in a children's worship time at church and they performed 2 songs in front of the church. In one of the videos you can see how she enjoys the spotlight as she places the microphone right in front of her. She loves to sing and dance and must have felt right at home on stage. Click on the links below to see the videos. Miriam is obviously the one in the yellow and green:)

I've got to get back to some sewing. I'm trying to finish up a tablerunner for a friend. So, I think I will end here and leave this as my first post.

No comments: