Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Big Kid Blues

How does that sound? I feel like I'm in this world of 'where are my little kids'? Miriam is in 1st grade, and loving it. She had her first spelling test last week. Huge deal, she did great and is off to a great start on this weeks words. But, on the flip side, she's growing up so quickly. She doesn't ever want me to walk her up to her classroom, she wants to me say good-bye outside. I always knew she was independent, but by the first week of school she was asking me if I had to walk her up. Then there is Zach. He's home with me all day, which is great in itself too. It gives him time to rule the roost so to speak, but he's also acting like he can rule me. Now that's it's just him home during the day it's like he thinks he should get 100% of my attention, okay maybe 80%. He does enjoy going and playing with his cars and stuff in his room. He's been quite the mouthy boy lately with me too, so I'm trying to ask God to give me patience and consistency with him so that I'm not letting my guard down, but also not harping at him all the time. He's been really fun to be with some days though. I've found us just sitting around building LEGO's for an hour or so, and he's actually getting to the age where he's playing with his LEGO's and not destroying them in 1/2 hour. Anyone out there remember Zach the lego-maniac?
I know we never savor the times we have with our kids and then we look back and wonder how that time passed by so quickly. Sort of in one of those moments.

No comments: